Saturday 4 June 2016

Ok, time for an update

It looks like medical school takes up more time than I imagined! I am just about managing to carry on doing some astrophotography but evidently not keeping up with the blog.

Here's a summary of the astronomy things I've been up to in the past year:

I finished off the Flaming Star image with OIII and I was pleased to see some signal there.

Object: The Flaming Star Nebula, IC 405
Telescope: Skywatcher ED80
Camera: Atik 314L+
Exposures: Ha - 19 x 600s, OIII - 17 x 600s Bin 1x1 (6hrs total)
Processing: DSS, PSCS5
I took advantage of a free trial on iTelescope.net which allows you to take control of telescopes over the internet and take images of objects you choose. I raced through 4 globular clusters!

M3
M5


M12
M13

M13 is my favourite with the nice star colours and it pops as if 3D!








Most recently I finished an Ha/OIII image of the Veil Nebula.

Object: Eastern Veil Nebula, NGC6995
Telescope: Skywatcher ED80
Camera: Atik 314L+
Exposures: Ha - 28 x 600s, OIII - 32 x 600s Bin 1x1 (10hrs total)
Processing: DSS, PSCS5

Hopefully more clear skies and images to come now summer is here!


1 comment: